Sub-Contracts Manager JO 11/17
Purpose of job
To manage the sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility as allocated.
Reporting to Head of Procurement with accountability to project division
The role requires a solid commercial/project management background and a good understanding of complex technical maritime defence programmes.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Experience of establishing and managing subcontracts in key prime contractor projects within defence domain
- Experience supporting bid activity, creating Procurement specification and terms and condition flow down.
- Strong Project Management/Leadership skills
- Strong Commercial skills with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation such as statements of work, payment plans and SDRLs.
- Has maturity and gravitas to work with senior levels of stakeholders
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts
- Good degree in relevant subject is desirable
- APM Qualified or equivalent
- Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to liaise and influence key Stakeholders.
- Proactive individual with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of Category Management
Establish and maintain effective KPI’s to enable accurate measurement of performance.
Develop appropriate relationships with key sub-contractors with particular emphasis on effective partnerships
- To deliver a service, quality and cost offering to customers (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver measurable service through demonstrable customer satisfaction. To recognize, understand and contribute towards the medium to long-term objectives of Procurement and to support AEUK in achieving its IBP (Integrated Business Plan).
- To manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, managing contract changes, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
- As part of bid teams support/lead/manage subcontract shaping and negotiation of subcontracts
- To manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Hold regular reviews with subcontractors to address schedule/technical compliance.
- Ensure prime contract obligations and commitments are flowed down to sub-contractors and ensure sub-contracts support AEUK in satisfying customer requirements.
- Provide regular update reports to relevant project and senior management.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from sub contract.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate records and subcontract data for monthly management reports as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance.
- Support as required the establishment of commercial subcontract processes and procedures scaled to support the growing AEUK business
- Provide subcontract commercial advice and support to AEUK bid and project teams as required
- Development of long term relationships with key partners
- Consistently demonstrates reliable and sound judgement
- Good team player
- Proactive, willing and able to take initiative
- Works to find creative solutions to problems
- Tenacious and hard working
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple demands
- Shares knowledge and expertise
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to Recruitment@uk.atlas-elektronik.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted
Dorset DT2 8ZB