FPGA Design Engineer JO 45/19
FPGA Design Engineer
Due to the growth of our business we are seeking an FPGA Design Engineer to join our Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the implementation of various high speed serial communication protocols, such as Gigabit Ethernet as well as data conversion and digital signal processing techniques.
Reports to Sonar Electronics Team Leader
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
- Translate customer requirements into a firmware specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the firmware specifications.
- Carry out detailed implementation of RTL, constrained Place and Route and timing closure.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare related test cases to verify that the implemented design meets the requirements.
- Design and utilise both unit level and BFM style verification test benches to exercise RTL.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design for both internal and external customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced FPGA Design Engineer who wants to challenge their technical capabilities and to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
"Proven track record in:" or...
- Experience of a Hardware Description Language (preferably VHDL)
- Proficiency in the use of a simulation tool e.g. ModelSim, Active-HDL,
- Proficient in the use of Vendor design tools such as Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus Prime
- Design and delivery of digital systems targeted at Programmable Logic Devices
- IP Block design and Delivery
- FPGA Verification using Self-Checking Testbenches
- Producing high quality behavioural models
Experience of three or more of the following:
- Use of a synthesis tool preferably (preferably Vivado)
- Developing robust timing constraints and timing analysis (preferably SDC/XDC)
- Scripting FPGA design, synthesis, simulation & test tools using TCL, PERL, PYTHON
- Multiple clock domain designs and domain crossing techniques
- Software programming language
- Implementing DSP within an FPGA
- Programmable SoC families such as Xilinx's Zynq
Education and Qualifications:
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB