Electronics Design Engineer JO 44/19
Electronics Design Engineer
Due to the growth of our business we are seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to join our Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
Reports to Sonar Electronics Team Leader
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Electronics Design Engineer, who wants to improve and challenge their technical capabilities to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
“Proven track record in:” or…
- Experience of Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
- Experience of Digital Circuit Design
- Debugging and Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
- Practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
Experience of one or more of the following:
- Design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
- PA Design and test experience
- General RF design & test experience
- Taking products through to volume manufacturing
- Pre-Amp Design
- SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
- Implementing designs using Microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
- Knowledge in EMC/ LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process
Education and Qualifications:
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB