Accounts Payable Clerk - JO 03/18
Accounts Payable Clerk
Senior Financial Accountant
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join the ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Finance team. The accounts payable function typically processes up to 800 invoices a month which is increasing in line with company growth. We deal with suppliers in many countries and have some significant dealings in Euro’s and USD’s. There is a wide supplier base which covers services/utilities, material purchases and sub-contractors.
The role will cover a range of core activities detailed below whilst also needing to be flexible and reactive to emerging issues and priorities.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Responsible for processing invoices ensuring that data is input to the ERP system accurately and on a timely basis.
- Liaising with Stores to ensure goods are properly booked in to allow processing of invoices
- Liaising with procurement on a daily basis in respect of supplier queries and pro-forma invoices
- Communications within the business to enable receipting of goods and services
- Obtaining authorisation for payment of invoices in line with the company’s complex delegation of authority matrix
- Raising of supplier payments using the financial payment systems available including BACs and on-line banking payments
- Handle and resolve any payment disputes or supplier queries
- Ensure that supplier payments are posted on a timely basis and are allocated correctly against supplier accounts
- Maintain filing system
- Other ad hoc administration and support for the finance function including collating information for auditors, supplying copy invoices in response to queries and other duties as necessary as they arise.
Mandatory requirements for the role:
- Previous accounts payable experience.
Other preferential competencies:
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or a similar ERP system would be advantageous
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively ensuring deadlines are met
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Good experience of Microsoft Excel.
- Consistently demonstrates reliable and sound judgement
- Good team player
- Proactive, willing and able to take initiative
- Works to find creative solutions to problems
- Tenacious and hard working
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple demands
- Shares knowledge and expertise.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB